Welcome to the IRSC 2019!
The International Railway Safety Council (IRSC) provides an international forum for an in-depth exchange of experience and lessons for improving railway safety. The Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB), the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) and the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) are delighted to be hosting the world’s rail safety experts at the 29th IRSC in Perth this October.
Australia’s rail network is over 44,000km and it carries 413 billion-tonne and 900 million passengers across all the capital cities.
Across Australia, significant investments are being made into rail infrastructure with $8 billion for Inland Rail and $50 billion on building a new metro for our second largest city. We have the biggest light railway network in the world and continue to pioneer innovation and collaboration – from the Pilbara’s automated remote heavy haul rail operations to developing the first a rail cyber security standard in the world.
In Australia, rail safety is managed collaboratively. Knowledge is shared to get the best outcome for industry and as a result, Australia has one of the safest, most productive railway networks in the world.
Join IRSC 2019 to share the rail safety industry’s knowledge and innovation!
The theme for IRSC 2019 is Innovation and Technology: Changing the Future of Rail Safety
Industry experts at the plenary sessions will present papers on the three sub-themes for the conference:
- Ensuring Railway Safety in New Technology and Work Practices
- Demonstrating safety in new technology
- Automation challenges
- Competence and skills in a more automated industry
- Maintaining Interoperability in Innovation
- Interoperability Vs Innovation
- Improving your safety profile through innovation
- Can Risk Management and Assurance Keep Pace with Technology?
- Risk Management and Assurance
- Regulation and innovation – performance (systems) based regulation
- Operational Demands Vs Financial Constraints “Don’t save yourself into trouble”